Network Ireland is a not for profit national organisation for women in business, the professions and the arts, with over eight branches throughout Ireland, formed nationally over 30 years ago in 1983. It encourages women to achieve more satisfying careers and promotes women as worthy contributors to the Irish economy. It liaises with national and international organisations and creates links with Government and State bodies. www.networkireland.ie
Network Ireland Cork Branch, which is one of the most successful branches, organises monthly events for members and guests which help inform, educate, motivate and support our members, both personally and in their businesses. Members can develop and pool their individual skills through interaction with other women in a supportive environment which offers, training, mentoring and an opportunity for women who call on other members with specialist expertise for help. It also provides a forum for established women to develop professional contacts.
The Cork Branch is sponsored by the Local Enterprise Offices in Cork. The Local Enterprise Office is the First Stop Shop for anyone seeking information and support on starting or growing a business in Ireland. For further information please visit www.localenterprise.ie.
AIB are partners with Network Ireland and support the organisation at both a national and regional level.
Within the Network Ireland constitution, the organisation is committed to:
- Provide a forum where women in Business, the Professions, and the Arts can exchange ideas and increase their business contacts
- Encourage women to achieve more satisfying careers
- Market the skills and expertise of Network members
- Liaise with National Organisations
- Promote women as worthy contributors to the Irish economy and decision-making bodies liaise with National Organisations
- Create links into local / national government and state bodies
- Promote a high standard of ethics in business
- Through the joint effort of members to promote the welfare of the community.